Calling all flavor enthusiasts and seafood lovers! Prepare to indulge in a dish that combines healthy ingredients, bold spices, and unrivaled taste. Brace yourself for a culinary adventure as we present the “Blackened Catfish” recipe. Get ready to unleash your taste buds and savor the succulent flavors of catfish, celebrated for its remarkable versatility and sheer deliciousness.
This recipe promises to take your dining experience to new heights and leave you craving for more. Get your appetite ready, as we embark on a mouthwatering journey you won’t soon forget.
Blackened Catfish Recipe
This week’s featured recipe is a flavorful and nutritious dish that is sure to delight your taste buds. It has been carefully crafted to meet the goal of incorporating more fish into your diet.
This recipe has undergone extensive development throughout the summer and has now reached a level of excellence worthy of sharing on the blog. Cooking fish can often seem daunting, but rest assured, this recipe is remarkably straightforward and exceptionally delicious.
How to Prepare?
To create a superb blackened fish, the secret lies in the seasoning, and this recipe calls for just three essential ingredients. While the BBQ Rub includes paprika and pepper, a touch more is needed to achieve the perfect balance of sweetness and spice found in a traditional blackening seasoning.
- 3 Tablespoons of AlbuKirky Red Chile BBQ Rub
- 2 Tablespoons of Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons of Black Pepper
Mix all the spices together in a bowl. This recipe makes enough seasoning for 6 six filets.
Here are the steps/guide to prepare blackened catfish Recipe:
- Prepare farm-raised catfish fillets, ensuring they are of substantial size for a satisfying meal.
- Lightly coat the fillets with canola oil to facilitate the adhesion of the rub and prevent burning on high heat.
- Season both sides of the fillets with a generous but not excessive coating of the rub.
- Utilize a flat top Disc-It griddle or a cast iron skillet as an alternative cooking surface.
- Heat the Disc-It griddle, applying canola oil until it begins to smoke.
- Place the seasoned fillets on the griddle and allow them to sizzle for approximately 2 minutes before flipping.
- Use a long, flat spatula to flip the fillets in one piece, ensuring a well-developed crust to avoid sticking.
- Cook the fillets for another 2 minutes before flipping them again.
- Repeat the cooking and flipping process two more times for a total of 8 minutes of cooking time.
- To ensure doneness, check the thickest part of the fillet’s temperature, which should read 130ºF.
- Once cooked to perfection, savor the delicious blackened catfish fillets.
Spice Up Your Culinary Skills: Experience the Delight of Blackened Catfish
Prepare to be amazed by the sensational flavors and textures of this blackened catfish recipe. The mild and delicate taste of catfish is elevated by the crunchy and spicy crust, complemented by a subtle touch of sweetness from the paprika. Brace yourself for a delightful culinary adventure that will make you forget you’re indulging in a healthy meal.
In addition, For the perfect pairing, consider serving this spicy filet with a side of homemade mac & cheese, allowing the creamy cheese pasta to balance the heat and create a harmonious dining experience.
Now, it’s your turn to embark on this flavor-packed journey. Give this recipe a try and let it become one of your favorites too. Your taste buds and your dinner guests will thank you. Therefore, get ready to savor the sensational combination of flavors, and let your kitchen become the stage for a memorable meal.