I’m sure you all have noticed that I’m cooking a lot of chicken lately. Since I started the Gravity Reduction Plan poultry has become a big part of my diet. The staple of our new eating regimen has been grilled chicken breasts…lots of grilled chicken breasts. With all the chicken I’ve been cooking lately I realized I’ve never done a blog post about grilling a tasty and delicious chicken breast. So here you go my loyal readers, my tried and true techniques for cooking a perfect chicken breast every time.
|Grilled Chicken Breast with Cous-cous|
Here it is, years of hard work and research in 7 Simple Steps.
1. Fire up the grill and heat to 425-450º. I have found through trial and error that this is the best range for cooking chicken, any higher and it dries out the breast and any lower just takes too long. Be sure to season the grates with some cooking spray or cooking oil.
2. Starting with a package of boneless chicken breast, spray each breast with a light coat of cooking spray or oil and season with your favorite rub or seasoning blend. A simple blend of equal parts Salt Pepper and Garlic always makes for great all-purpose seasoning.
3. Place the breasts on the hot grill and cook for 4 minutes. Just a reminder, cook with the lid down.
4. After 4 minutes, flip and cook for another 4 minutes
5. For the next flip turn the breast ¼ as during the flip. This will create those beautiful and delicious grill marks that will make you look like a grilling pro. And again cook for another 4 minutes.
|Look at those grill marks!|
6. For the final flip cook the breast until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the breast is 160F.
7. Remove the breasts from the grill and let the chicken rest for another; you guessed it, 4 minutes.
|Grill Chicken Caesar Salad|
If you followed these steps your chicken breasts will be perfectly cooked, tender, moist and delicious. Your cooking times will differ depending on your grill, but all you need is a little practice to perfect your own technique. Good luck and happy grilling.